After a 77-day closure, we re-opened on June 1, 2020. We’ve worked hard to re-open and provide you a relatively risk-free entertainment experience during these uncertain times. Accordingly, the following modified procedures will be in effect until further notice:
• Admissions will be limited to no more than 50% of capacity. No more than five patrons are allowed in the Museum Store at any one time.
• Social Distancing is a must for all non-family guests (six feet is good, more is better). With 85,000 sq.ft. of exhibits, you can easily maintain a healthy separation.
• Wearing a mask is mandatory as ordered by the State of Nevada. It’s not just for you, but rather for the protection of our other guests and the Museum team. Masks, standard and logo’d are for sale here.
• We’ve never allowed touching of our vehicles, but there were some exceptions. Sadly, those are now temporarily suspended or off-limits:
o Our theater is closed until further notice.
o Docent tours have been suspended.
o Both MARS Rover simulators are closed.
o The Model T Photo Car is stored.
o Our antique horn, stereoscopes and starter crank are cordoned off.
o The children’s coloring station has been removed.
• Our self-guided audio tour players are still available free of charge. However, headsets will not be provided. You may use your own, or enjoy the built-in speakers.